Happy New Year 2021 and all that jazz!
I hope this new day/week/year finds you well.
With a new year often comes a new set of goals and achievements, people begin to set for themselves.
I am all for and about setting goals and creating action plans to achieve those goals.
An action plan usually includes a list of things you need to do and the steps you need to take to reach your goals. And that’s great, continue with the action plan, but there are some things you’re going to have to let go of, too.
Below is a list of things you can stop doing in 2021 to reach any of the goals you’ve set for yourself.
1. Accepting less than you deserve
2. Caring about what other people think
3. Putting the needs of others before your own
4. Complaining without doing the work to change
5. Gossiping about your friends
6. Doubting yourself
7. Letting someone who isn’t following their dreams talk you out of your dreams
8. Comparing yourself to others
9. Letting people take advantage of you
10. Saying yes when you want to say no
11. Putting off the things you want to experience
12. Talking yourself out of ideas
14. Doing things just to fit in
15. Dwelling on the past
16. Judging others
17. Taking advice from people who don’t practice what they preach
18. Forcing friendships
19. Ignoring signs and being upset about the outcome of a situation
20. Accepting the victim role
21. Making excuses for yourself and others
What would you add to the list?