It’s day 14 of Blogtober! Can we give me some kudos for staying consistent for the past two weeks? (Pats self on back).
Today I wanted to get into a topic that has been heavily discussed in recent times, self-care.
The best definition I’ve seen for self-care was from https://www.habitsforwellbeing.com. The site says, “A simple way to think of self-care is putting your face mask on yourself, so then you can assist others.”
This definition is so simple, yet means so much. People often forget this. (It’s me-I’m people).
Seriously, for too long, I think we’ve looked at self-care as selfish or taking a long spa day away from responsibilities. While it can be those things, it can also be something simple but meaningful.
Here are a few simple things you can incorporate into your life to take care of yourself. I’ve found these small things can help tremendously.
- Go for a walk without your phone (or put it on Do Not Disturb).
- Read a book.
- Write in a journal.
- Watch a movie with no distractions.
- Make a lunch date with a friend.
- Take a nap-just rest!
- Create a gratitude list.
- Cry if you need to, it’s okay.
- Change your hairstyle. (One of my personal favorite things to do)
- Call a friend or family member. ( I text way too much)
- Forgive yourself.
- Organize an area in your house you’ve meant to get to for a while.
- Create a vision board.
- Listen to your favorite music.
I hope this was helpful! Thanks for joining me for day 14 of Blogtober!